Nationals

Discuss upcoming events, classing questions, car setup, etc.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

tehmaxfactr
Seasoned Autoxer
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: fiero

Nationals

Post by tehmaxfactr »

How do we as an scca club schedule an event for the week of nationals?
88 Fiero Formula T-Tops (1 of 1252) BSP
87 Fiero GT swapped with a turbo 3.5 SSM
90 Miata Supercharged SSM
01 Mustang GT ESP
96 Plymoth Neon (prospective chump car)
hklvette
Veteran
Competition Car: BumminRides

Re: Nationals

Post by hklvette »

*sigh*

While I did not know when I scheduled the September event that it conflicted with Nationals because I failed to check, I would make the same decision again even if I had because:

1) It is my job to satisfy as many members of BRR as possible with our event scheduling, keeping in mind that I cannot dictate to the various sites what days (and locations) we will use. Scheduling around events that few members will attend runs counter to this goal.

2) As far as I am concerned personally, I completely support any of BRR's members attending a larger event such as a state championship, tour, pro, or Nationals itself in lieu of a BRR event. I suspect this same issue will come up again when people figure out that the NCAC is October 4th...

3) At what point do we as a club draw the "avoid a scheduling conflict" line? I have done what I can to avoid all Tours and Pros that are within an eight hour drive and if I'd had some help from our neighbors to the south before this season began, would have actively avoided scheduling on the same weekend as the NCAC.

4) The event calendar on the front page was updated on May 7th, and there was this thread about it on May 12th: http://brr-scca.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 3&p=188277 . Where was the objection then?
-Henry Lehmann
BRR Solo Chair, Treasurer, and Equipment Steward

"If you want to get it done, you have to do it yourself."
tehmaxfactr
Seasoned Autoxer
Competition Car: fiero

Re: Nationals

Post by tehmaxfactr »

The nationals days were set before we went to nationals last year for 2015. As far as the ncac and the host not being in contact with you, I don't do anything with the group that is hosting the event, but the rumor is that it's going to be Oct 10 and 11, so we might catch a break there. They have not set in stone a date yet. I understand we can't schedule around everyone's events, but this is one I would see trying to schedule around. I mean me personally I don't care about season points but I really enjoy the special type of events like the college challege which is while we are at nationals. I dont really expect the dates to get changed just cauae I complained. There are about 8 people who do run with the club that are going to nationals this year.
As far as me not complaining when it came out I only look about 2 months ahead to see what event is better for me to attend according to the site, prospective competition and what vechile is available for me to drive.
88 Fiero Formula T-Tops (1 of 1252) BSP
87 Fiero GT swapped with a turbo 3.5 SSM
90 Miata Supercharged SSM
01 Mustang GT ESP
96 Plymoth Neon (prospective chump car)