October BRR SOLO #9

Discuss upcoming events, classing questions, car setup, etc.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

October BRR Solo #9

End the season at 8 points events.
59%
Have Points #9 at Verona on Saturday October 30, 2010.
41%

Total votes: 22

LynnCombs
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Corvette

October BRR SOLO #9

Post by LynnCombs »

Time to make some decisions on Solo #9. We had tentatively scheduled event #9 at the Salem Civic Center but we have not been able to get the lot for October 3, 2010. We have approval from Augusta Government Center to have the lot on Saturday October 30, 2010. So now comes the decision... do we decide the 2010 BRR Solo season with 8 points events and try to have a charity event in early November or do we do #9 in Verona on October 30.

You make the call.....
Last edited by LynnCombs on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn Combs
drum3
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Re: October BRR SOLO #9

Post by drum3 »

The Charge of the Headlight Brigade 13 Hours of VIR is the 30th and we have a car entered so I will be there , just about any other date and I would have voted to extend.
Anthony Hodges
DSP 72

www.motorpride.com/TeamBorderline
rkrzastek

Post by rkrzastek »

Personally, I think that having another point counting event would be great.
#94 STS Miata
mseal
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by mseal »

Points event or not, let's do 10/30 at Verona simply because we can have a "firm" date for the event. If Salem opens up for November, that's okay too. Reminders: 10/10 is VMSC Challenge at VMP (Dinwiddie). NASA has an event 10/24 also at VMP. Also, VMSC has another event at VMP on 11/14. So, there are ample opportunities for seat time at an excellent site for those of us that need a fix.

LynnCombs
Veteran

Post by LynnCombs »

For what it is worth... I would recommend not having an October Points Solo and everyone attend the VMSC Challenge October 10 at Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie, VA.
Lynn Combs
fordmax
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by fordmax »

Personally I was looking forward to doing the BRR/VSMC challenge thing. I had also tentatively planned on doing the NASA event on the 24th...I have an entry fee credit with them...and would probably skip the 10/30 in Verona. Not having back to back weekends is good for my home life...:)

At the same time I would be bummed to lose the charity event in Salem as it is so close to home...but it is what it is I guess.
Ford Northen
DSP #337 GTI
LynnCombs
Veteran

Post by LynnCombs »

BRR will try to have a Charity Solo somewhere in November. October seems to be a very full month of racing..
Lynn Combs
Chiketkd
Veteran
Competition Car: Mitsubishi

Post by Chiketkd »

LynnCombs wrote:For what it is worth... I would recommend not having an October Points Solo and everyone attend the VMSC Challenge October 10 at Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie, VA.
Agreed.

I'd definitely like to see a big turn out the BRR-VMSC challenge (and would rather see that than another points event). FWIW, the later we get in the Fall, the more concerned I get about the weather turning cold. Nothing worse than having a "rain event" when the daytime high is only 55F.
Chike D.
Scott
Veteran

Post by Scott »

mseal wrote:Points event or not, let's do 10/30 at Verona simply because we can have a "firm" date for the event. If Salem opens up for November, that's okay too.
I like this idea. Lets do a fun event
LynnCombs
Veteran

Post by LynnCombs »

Scott wrote:
mseal wrote:Points event or not, let's do 10/30 at Verona simply because we can have a "firm" date for the event. If Salem opens up for November, that's okay too.
I like this idea. Lets do a fun event
I like your idea..
Lynn Combs
hklvette
Veteran
Competition Car: BumminRides

Post by hklvette »

I like the idea of a "fun" event. It'd be a great way for guys like me to get more seat time, even if the weather isn't the greatest.
-Henry Lehmann
BRR Solo Chair, Treasurer, and Equipment Steward

"If you want to get it done, you have to do it yourself."
DLingenfelter
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by DLingenfelter »

I'm about done after event 8, proposed event 9 would be my 7th year anniversary of my first date with my wife so that's a no go.
A fun event seems ok (I still probably won't make it) but as far as a 9th points event, I voted no.
David Lingenfelter
18STS2
Jake@JMU
Competition Car: Mazda

Post by Jake@JMU »

If you can nail down October 30 at Verona, MM will be out in force again. We had a fantastic day today and our new guys are crazy-anxious to get another hit of the Go Fast Crack Pipe :lol:

We are also planning on hitting up the NASA-X in Richmond on the 24th. So, two weekends in a row of big travel (to Salem and Petersburg) would be tough. Verona is obviously easier on our end.
Jake Thiewes
Madison Motorsports
1995 Mazda Miata
1995 BMW 325i/4/5 Sport
Chiketkd
Veteran
Competition Car: Mitsubishi

Post by Chiketkd »

Jake@JMU wrote:If you can nail down October 30 at Verona, MM will be out in force again. We had a fantastic day today and our new guys are crazy-anxious to get another hit of the Go Fast Crack Pipe :lol:

We are also planning on hitting up the NASA-X in Richmond on the 24th. So, two weekends in a row of big travel (to Salem and Petersburg) would be tough. Verona is obviously easier on our end.
Jake look for an announcement from Lynn or Ray in the next 1-2 weeks. From my understanding when I left the event yesterday, the Saturday, October 30th event was pretty much our only option as the Salem lot doesn't appear to be "available". This final event will be a non-points "fun event" and there's talk of doing a Mazda vs the World.

To make things even more interesting, I may jump sides and co-drive with Gary in his M3! :lol:
Chike D.
Scott
Veteran

Post by Scott »

Chiketkd wrote: Jake look for an announcement from Lynn or Ray in the next 1-2 weeks. From my understanding when I left the event yesterday, the Saturday, October 30th event was pretty much our only option as the Salem lot doesn't appear to be "available". This final event will be a non-points "fun event" and there's talk of doing a Mazda vs the World.

To make things even more interesting, I may jump sides and co-drive with Gary in his M3! :lol:
If we do this, we should also make this the "charity" event so we can continue our donations.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Chiketkd wrote:
Jake@JMU wrote:If you can nail down October 30 at Verona, MM will be out in force again. We had a fantastic day today and our new guys are crazy-anxious to get another hit of the Go Fast Crack Pipe :lol:

Jake look for an announcement from Lynn or Ray in the next 1-2 weeks. From my understanding when I left the event yesterday, the Saturday, October 30th event was pretty much our only option as the Salem lot doesn't appear to be "available". This final event will be a non-points "fun event" and there's talk of doing a Mazda vs the World.

Yes please! Good god my girlfriend is going to hate me. NCCAR track event next weekend, Summit the next, VIR the next, VMSC the next (10th), homecoming the next, VMP the next, and then I had this (30th) weekend free and I told her we could do something. She aint going to be too happy :lol: ....And then Summit after that...etc etc. lol

And this time I gotta figure out how to get the rear seat in with my roll bar so I can jump back in STU, im completely legal for it aside from that lol. Get my ass handed to me by Chike but it might be fun.

ps- Im the guy in the white M3 that was in SM (ouch of a jump from STU)