May 8-9 MARRS/ SARRC @ VIR

Discussion about club racing, time trials, and high performance driving events.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

May 8-9 MARRS/ SARRC @ VIR

Post by aged racer »

We'll be at VIR this coming weekend for the MARRS/ SARRC Double Regional. This will be the first weekend for the Protege as an ITB car, and it looks like at least 8 or 9 other cars in the class (Tod, hope you can make it!).

It will be a shakedown weekend for the Protege, still running the stock suspension (including the SSC trunk kit, of course) plus a bigger rear sway bar. Motor remains untouched internally, but a used cold air intake and header have been installed. In keeping with the low-buck theme, Miata wheels with some left-over tires from the last few seasons will be under the car.

Hope to see some other BRR's there- it's usually a good weekend for turnout and racing.

Steve
At-Large Member- SARRC Race Committee

Will race (and autocross) for food.
Scott
Veteran

Re: May 8-9 MARRS/ SARRC @ VIR

Post by Scott »

I'll be there also, running Sunday only. I'm running SSM, so I will be in your run group Steve.
tac911t
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Jetta

Post by tac911t »

Yes, I will be there with the Nissan. Putting new brake pads and rotors on at the last minute. Luckly CarboTech can get some pads made and shipped by Wednesday, so I will have them on Thursday. Can then get the race car off of the jackstands and loaded up Thursday night or Friday morning. Also installing last minute brake ducts for the front, using the $35 homemade kit from Lowes/Home Depot. The backing pads for the front brakes actually get bent from the heat, which in turn bends the pad material, and then it starts to crack and break apart.
LynnCombs
Veteran
Competition Car: Corvette

Post by LynnCombs »

Jane and I will be there showing you guys the Flags.... Drive fast and safe.
Lynn Combs
tac911t
Pylons are afraid of me!
Competition Car: Jetta

Post by tac911t »

Only show the flags to Steve :evil: For me, I only get the Green one!! :mrgreen:
aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by aged racer »

Scott, see you on the grid if not before. We all try to paddock up near the false grid on one of the middle rows, feel free to join us.

Ya'll gotta remember, this is still basically a stock Protege. The only flags I'm worried about are blue with a stripe.... :mrgreen:

Weather looks good- looking forward to it!

Steve
At-Large Member- SARRC Race Committee

Will race (and autocross) for food.
Scott
Veteran

Post by Scott »

aged racer wrote:Scott, see you on the grid if not before. We all try to paddock up near the false grid on one of the middle rows, feel free to join us.
I will be getting there Saturday afternoon and racing Sunday (my girls have a soccer game Saturday morning), I will at least come over to say hi (if not mooch some parking space from you)

aged racer wrote:Ya'll gotta remember, this is still basically a stock Protege. The only flags I'm worried about are blue with a stripe.... :mrgreen:
Still probably is faster than my Miata at this point (just got back from the dyno w/ my stock 180k motor, didn't look real good...)