VIR and NCR Corner Worker Crash and Burn School

Discussion about club racing, time trials, and high performance driving events.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

tac911t
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Jetta

VIR and NCR Corner Worker Crash and Burn School

Post by tac911t »

VIR and NCR-SCCA is hosting a joint Crash and Burn School at VIR on February 20 or 21, your choice of dates.

You don't have to be a corner worker to attend; you just have to want to learn the skills and techniques.

If you are interested in attending, sign up on the web site http://www.ncrscca.com/workers.htm.

The school will go from 9am to 4pm on each day at VIR's South Paddock Tower. We will break for an hour for lunch, you may bring a brown bag or eat at the Pagoda. Typically there is a lecture/presentation about the skills (flags and communication), clothes and gear to bring, and event organization. In addition, a fire fighting demo is also provided, where you get the chance to use extinguishers on real (yes, real) fires.

Corner working (the legal, racing work :twisted: ), is a great way to get involved with racing. Much less expensive than having the car and racing, and almost as much fun. If you have any inclination for racing, working helps you meet the great people who attend and work the races, and gets you involved in the events. You get to watch the different cars (and drivers) and not only learn how to work the events, but also how different types of cars react on the track.

If you have any questions about the school, you can contact Eric Danielsen, he can be reached at All Star Impressions, or myself (Todd).
JaneCombs
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Re: VIR and NCR Corner Worker Crash and Burn School

Post by JaneCombs »

Registered for Sunday Feb 21, 2010... after the BRR Banquet.
tac911t
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Jetta

Post by tac911t »

Who, like me, is going to the Crash and Burn on Saturday, then to the BRR Banquet that night?

The drive is 1 1/2 hours from my house in Lynchburg to VIR. How long of a drive would it be from VIR to downtown Roanoke? I plan to do a quick change at the South Paddock, then drive to the banquet.

Todd
drum3
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Post by drum3 »

From martinsville to the banquet is 1 hour , from VIR to martinsville is 45-50 minutes.
Anthony Hodges
DSP 72

www.motorpride.com/TeamBorderline