Non-autox related topics

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

rschumin
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Honda

Truth in 24

Post by rschumin »

If you haven't already seen this documentary about the Audi team at last year's 24 Hours of Le Mans it is definitely worth investing the two hours to have a look. It is on SPEED tonight at 9:00 or you can download it free on iTunes and watch it on the computer. My favorite part is watching and listening to Allan McNish talk you through a lap around the circuit.
Ray
........_\____
......./__|___\__
......(O)_ _(O)_|
tac911t
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Jetta

Re: Truth in 24

Post by tac911t »

Downloaded it and watched it a few weeks ago. McNish's talk though of the lap is one of the highlights (makes you want to drive it). Another one is Tom "Mr Le Mans" Christianson and his drunk fans. It really is a very, very well put together documentary. One that should stand the test of time, like the McQueen movie.

Anyone remember the news show "24 Hours" (not the Kiether Southerland show), it was on in the early 1990's, they did a program on Le Mans, followed one of the American teams.

During this years broadcast on Speed, they talked about the book "Go Like Hell" the Ford/Ferrari war in the mid 1960's.
I just finished the book this week while flying to California. It is great insight into the race, the politics, and the people.

Looks like Speed is covering the race from midnight until tomorrow morning, to the finish.