Request for help

Non-autox related topics

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

JaneCombs
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Request for help

Post by JaneCombs »

I have had a request from the local (Waynesboro) Soap Box Derby folks, who need adult helpers for their derby day, Saturday, May 31, in Waynesboro, VA.

They need set-up and tear-down help, which involves lining the course with hay bales, and help with the cars, which must be lifted onto a trailer and the end of each run, for transport back to the starting line. The cars are also lifted again, to have their wheels swapped (between the cars - glad we don't have to do that!).

We were also invited to distribute our membership brochure at the event. Kids are 8 - 14 or in some divisions up to 18, so in our events they would mostly be in carts, but it's a family event where there will be parents and older siblings as well. This would be great PR for our region.

Set-up starts at 5am, and is expected to take about 1 1/2 hours. The event runs 8am - 4pm, with volunteers being asked to work 3-hour shifts. The event staging and debris must be cleaned up and off the public street by 6pm. They are going to have lots of overlap with other Memorial Day weekend activities, which has probably caused a shortage of volunteers.

If anyone in the Waynesboro area is willing to commit a few hours to this event on Saturday, May 31, please let me know by PM or email at jmcombs@ntelos.net.
JaneCombs
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Post by JaneCombs »

The soap box derby contact person has informed me that they have the morning hours filled for this event, but still need people from noon through the end of the day.