New NCCAR testing research facility in NC

Non-autox related topics

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

mrtwo
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

New NCCAR testing research facility in NC

Post by mrtwo »

Met some people at a trade show in Detroit today. A new test facility is being built in North Caroline off of I-95, east of Raliegh. Details can be seen at www.nccar.us

The facility is not complete yet, but they plan to have:
- a 3.7 mile road course
- "small" and "large" vehicle dynamics areas. The vehicle dynamics areas would be great for auto-x.

The facility is state owned and is affiliated with North Carolina University. The people I talked with said they are looking at collaberating with other universities (Virginia Tech was one of them).

Part of the staff are with Lotus Engineering.

The people I talked to were a little hesitant to discuss letting others use this "still under development" facility for an auto-x, but it sure looks like the "vehicle dynamics areas" would be great for this. What a place to have a divisional!

Tim R
Tim R
drum3
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Post by drum3 »

We were actually approached by the Lotus guys about2-3 years ago on input for some of the test areas,but after a couple of BS sessions with them in Durham,we never heard anything else from them.6 months ago an article in a NC paper said they had broke ground on the new tracks.We have great contacts with Lotus Sales,but even they get the cold shoulder from the engineers.
Anthony Hodges
DSP 72

www.motorpride.com/TeamBorderline