tire question,

Discuss upcoming events, classing questions, car setup, etc.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

Vtec turbo Vs NON Vtec Turbo?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:51 am

b18a1 going turbo, stay non vtec with a port/polish?
50%
or put a p72 ecu, with a b16a VTEC head or/ b18c1 vtec head and turbo?
50%

Total votes: 2

EG8XB18ARSV

tire question,

Post by EG8XB18ARSV »

Any type of tire anyone would suggest for a 94 Civic Sedan? Currently running Fluent Warrior 14inch integra wheels, nice sections of rubber, Just checking if there is anythign better. Peace, Also, Anyone have an intercooler they trying to get rid of?
DSPDA3
Admin
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: MINI

Post by DSPDA3 »

What class are you interested in running in?
BRR-SCCA 89 DS
2005 MINI Cooper S
IamRascal
Pylons are afraid of me!
Competition Car: Beamer

Post by IamRascal »

what are all those numbers in the poll *jk* I'd keep it NA. you'd be more competitive in an STS or STX class. Most turbo's won't spool quick enough to provide effective power on an autox course. Just ask Mike, His porche kicks butt on road courses, but the turbo doesn't kick in till he's just about to hit the brake in autox.

Also there is the update/backdate rule in STS, so you could make sort of a "franken civic" out of it...
- Chris
98 M3/4/5 Child Transport and Course runner
fullup1
Jiggyfly
Competition Car: Acura

Post by fullup1 »

IamRascal wrote:what are all those numbers in the poll *jk* I'd keep it NA. you'd be more competitive in an STS or STX class. Most turbo's won't spool quick enough to provide effective power on an autox course. Just ask Mike, His porche kicks butt on road courses, but the turbo doesn't kick in till he's just about to hit the brake in autox.

Also there is the update/backdate rule in STS, so you could make sort of a "franken civic" out of it...
I'll let Ryan address the "FrankenCivic" issue......
DSPDA3
Admin

Post by DSPDA3 »

Update/Backdate in STS has been removed, due to what you're referring to, the 'Frankencivics'. Taking a lightweight '88 or '89 hatch, and swapping in the D16 motor from the Civic Si. The 4th gen Civic Si though is still the hot car to have in STS. It won Nationals, and several placed in the trophies. 30 of 45 cars entered in STS were 4th gen Civics, with 11 of the 12 trophy spots going to 89 Civics. You get the picture.
BRR-SCCA 89 DS
2005 MINI Cooper S
mroberts

Post by mroberts »

His Porsche kicks butt on road courses, but the turbo doesn't kick in till he's just about to hit the brake in autox.
Never underestimate the thrill of boost hitting just as you start to corner, spinning you twice and sweeping a section of the course completely clean :)
EG8XB18ARSV

Post by EG8XB18ARSV »

Well its a small turbo, small .ar's should spool by 1,800-2,200rpms in that range, I already have the the turbo, just not the other parts, I gotta decide whether or not to turbo vtec, ot turbo non vtec...Im intested in runnning w/e class I can run in, Never done it, I race pro karts tho :wink: Peace
DSPDA3
Admin

Post by DSPDA3 »

If I were you, I would run the car as-is, before you do any mods. Learn the car, and how to control it, then worry about go-fast parts later. The learning curve will be much steeper if you're trying to learn to autocross on a heavily modified car.
BRR-SCCA 89 DS
2005 MINI Cooper S
EG8XB18ARSV

Post by EG8XB18ARSV »

Nah, im not gonna have the turbo put on anyways by then,, But im not worried about having a car with power, Been racing for 5-6years with 25other cars on track with me, haha, but I do know this is kinda different,building the car for all around. I also just found out that yall allow karts on the track, So I will more than likely race that also black #00 or blue #21. Do you know how many right turns there are? any long str8s ? Thanks for info, need a lil to setup the kart for roadcourse, its setup for oval now. Peace 8)
DSPDA3
Admin

Post by DSPDA3 »

Some of our lots aren't suitable for karts. Not sure which lots are ok though. As for right turns and long straights, it's hard to tell. Each course is different. But if that's all you're looking for, then I'm not sure autocross is the thing for you. 8)
BRR-SCCA 89 DS
2005 MINI Cooper S
EG8XB18ARSV

Post by EG8XB18ARSV »

Oh nah man, Thats not all im looking for, Just wondering, I cant run my car this weekend, I doubt, gotta put this exedy stage 1 clutch in, I dunno if it will be in by sunday, I HOPE SO, I really wanna race, Peace
DSPDA3
Admin

Post by DSPDA3 »

If you get the clutch installed, you may want to have a break-in period before you autocross it. Just a suggestion...
BRR-SCCA 89 DS
2005 MINI Cooper S
EG8XB18ARSV

Post by EG8XB18ARSV »

Yeah, It says on there 450-500miles break-in....if i get the clutch on friday or saturday, I will drive that many miles in that day....haha, just so I can race, Later
DSPDA3
Admin

Post by DSPDA3 »

That's ALOT of driving for one day. :P
BRR-SCCA 89 DS
2005 MINI Cooper S
Imprezivblue
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Post by Imprezivblue »

ha, that's not even a trip to ny :wink: it can be done easily :-D
My Boxer4racing.com Project Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS[/URL]
IamRascal
Pylons are afraid of me!
Competition Car: Beamer

Post by IamRascal »

mroberts wrote:
His Porsche kicks butt on road courses, but the turbo doesn't kick in till he's just about to hit the brake in autox.
Never underestimate the thrill of boost hitting just as you start to corner, spinning you twice and sweeping a section of the course completely clean :)
I remember that manuever at the triad airport event for fun runs :)
- Chris
98 M3/4/5 Child Transport and Course runner
EG8XB18ARSV

Post by EG8XB18ARSV »

yeah thats a good bit of miles for one day, But when I got my license 3years ago, I did atleast 350 a day...hah, Oh and Anyone know why I keep getting the "invalid session" coming up when I goto reply and post my own somtimes?

All the snow is gone now also..i live 8mins from track, LU< about 5miles, pppeeaacceee