update to drivers meeting script

Discuss upcoming events, classing questions, car setup, etc.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

n33d4sp33d13
Seasoned Autoxer

update to drivers meeting script

Post by n33d4sp33d13 »

Guys. I have noticed within the past year we have added alot of stuff that needs to be said during the drivers meeting. Weather it be about novices, open top cars, or whatever. Unfortunatly the drivers meeting script has not been updated in some time and I have caught myself forgetting to mention some things during the meeting. With this being said I would like to call for an updated script for myself or ray or anyone else to use. I would like to get everyone's opinion on what we think shod be added to the script.

1. We deffinetly need to place more emphasis on novices and like to make novice walk throughs mandatory as well as instrctors.maybe even a novice walk through script

2. Rules about open top cars?

3. We need to add something in for junior karts. I always forget until after the meeting to figure out when zach will run and what the rules are while he is running

Anyone else have anything?

I will be more than happy to get the old script and come up with a rough draft to be approved for the next event.
Steffen Clark
White/Orange 1991 Mazda Miata ITA/ STL
Dark grey 2014 Subaru WRX STI D Street
White 1984 Plymouth Colt Turbo SMF
1991 Mazda "hacked" Miata A Mod
Red 1984 Plymouth Colt Turbo
Red 2019 Toyota Tundra
diggles240
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Nissan

Re: update to drivers meeting script

Post by diggles240 »

- A definite emphasis on safe cone shagging should be included.

- to go with the novice walk thru script, this should also be reviewed:

BRR SOLO NOVICE COORDINATOR

The Solo Novice Coordinator has the primary responsibility of mentoring novice solo drivers and has the following responsibilities at BRR-SCCA solo events:

1. Work directly with the Solo Safety Steward to ensure novice drivers comply with solo event safety regulations.
2. Work directly with the Solo Event Chairman to ensure novice drivers comply with any solo site regulations.
3. Ensure novice drivers have a clear understanding of the run/work order for the solo event.
4. Lead a novice course walk before each BRR-SCCA solo event.
5. Be available to assist novice drivers with ride-alongs during solo events.
6. Play an integral role in the annual BRR-SCCA solo novice school.
7. If the Solo Novice Coordinator is not able to be present at a Solo event, it is their responsibility to recruit a qualified replacement.
Kevin
1996 Nissan 240sx SE two-pedal torture
#86 HS|SM
redfiero
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Corvette

Re: update to drivers meeting script

Post by redfiero »

I don't recall hearing something about the start light in Roanoke, but I may have been distracted. I have only done a couple of times in the past few years, so I am not familiar with the script. On one of my runs I waited a very long time for the start light, even with no car on the course, which might confuse a novice. I would certainly emphasize the start light.
Matt Miller
Roanoke/Salem
1994 Corvette Convertible