Road Rally

Non-autox related topics

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

Patrick
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: nissan

Road Rally

Post by Patrick »

I know there's an event called Road Rally on the main SCCA website and I looked at the events and there aren't any near us. I understand its not a "race" and its on public roads and we must follow the rules of the road. Speed limit, general road laws etc etc. I was just wondering what it would take to even consider setting one up around here.
Thanks for reading guys.
Patrick
Patrick
Competition Car: nissan

Re: Road Rally

Post by Patrick »

Wow sorry I didn't see the rally section on my phone. Sorry about that
Julius-X
Pylons are afraid of me!
Competition Car: Mazdas

Post by Julius-X »

For what it's worth, I've wanted a Road Rally event in this area for years. I used to drive up to New Jersey for the Pine Barrens X-press every year. It's a day-into-night TSD Rally, and it's a LOT of fun - it'd be nice to be able to do that near home on some of the Blue Ridge's backroads.
-Cliff
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS parked, in pieces
2008 Mazda RX-8 40AE seeking the ding king, parked - administrative, not mechanical issues
2016 Mazda MX-5 working the jinba ittai
hklvette
Veteran
Competition Car: BumminRides

Post by hklvette »

Julius-X wrote:For what it's worth, I've wanted a Road Rally event in this area for years. I used to drive up to New Jersey for the Pine Barrens X-press every year. It's a day-into-night TSD Rally, and it's a LOT of fun - it'd be nice to be able to do that near home on some of the Blue Ridge's backroads.
One of the guys at work does RRs in the New England states. I'll see if he knows anything about the mechanicals of running a RR.
-Henry Lehmann
BRR Solo Chair, Treasurer, and Equipment Steward

"If you want to get it done, you have to do it yourself."
fordmax
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by fordmax »

I'd be interested in playing as well...anything to get out and run around in the hills. And we all know how good the roads are around here...
Ford Northen
DSP #337 GTI
yenko66
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by yenko66 »

Several years ago the BRR had a rally that started in Roanoke and ended up at a club cook out at Smith Mountain Lake. I have always wanted to do another one but haven't seen any in the area.

Sounds like a good idea for a early fall event to me.

David C
Be A Swinger in a Stinger.
drum3
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Post by drum3 »

you can do a Poker Run rally fairly easily . A Time Speed Distance Ralley requires you to run the time ( usually about 4-5 times to get an accurate measurement) accurately measure the distances that you must run at each speed and the distances between turns and intersections. you need very detailed notes for each competitor .

Their is a TSD ralley run from Richmond twice a year , there is also one ran out of the Raleigh NC Area . VMSC I think runs the one from Richmond , one of the BMW clubs or Tarheel runs the one from Raleigh . Several different Car Clubs run TSD events out of Asheville ,NC area each year .
Anthony Hodges
DSP 72

www.motorpride.com/TeamBorderline