Spec Miata Seminar at SEDiv Feb 5-7 Meeting

Discussion about club racing, time trials, and high performance driving events.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

Scott Malbon
Novice

Spec Miata Seminar at SEDiv Feb 5-7 Meeting

Post by Scott Malbon »

Not on the schedule yet but Jim Creighton says his proposed Spec Miata seminar is on! This will be an exceptional opportunity to get info and advice from the SM gurus. Much of this would probably apply to Solo also.

Here is the text of Jim's proposal from the Spec Miata website.

Scott Malbon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have something I would like to propose to all SM drivers, owners suppliers and just anyone interested in SM. On February 5 th through the 7th, the SEDiv has our 2010 Annual Convention & Awards Banquet scheduled at the Jekyll Island Oceanside Inn & Suites.

I would like to know how many of you would be interested in attending an all day seminar for Spec Miata. The seminar would be conducted by a panel of top competitors, builders and suppliers. You will be able to ask questions and get answers about just anything and hopefully, someone on the panel can provide an answer. At this time, the panel includes Tom Fowler, Chip, Jeffy Boy, Bobby T, Von C, Glenn from Traqmate and Rodney for tires from Appalachian. If enough people are interested, Drago will also be invited. We will have tech people available to answer impound questions and demonstrate tools such as the Whistler.

This would be a chance for everyone to compare notes, ask questions and in general, have a day of nothing but Spec Miata.

In order to attend, you would have to register and pay a fee for the meeting. The fee would be $25. You would also have the option of attending the Saturday night Awards Banquet for a total of $49 for meetings and Banquet. Our top series drivers will be receiving their Awards including Danny , Chip & Von C. Being at the Banquet with Chip & Von C is worth the price alone.

Please post your response and then spread the word because I need to make a decision in about 10 days. If it is a go, I will revise the Convention schedule for the all day SM meeting. The Convention Registration information and hotel information is posted at http://www.sedivracing.org. Hotel rates start at $59.

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator