Megasquirt

Non-autox related topics

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

mseal
Seasoned Autoxer
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Megasquirt

Post by mseal »

As the autocross season draws to a close, my mind wonders to the off season. "Fresher" engine and some ECU massaging along with intake work are the beginning plans. Any suggestions on purchasing "Megasquirt"? Lots of options with buying pieces-parts and building your own or just simplify and purchase a plug & play unit. Any experience with this product out there?

Mick

00GTJustin
Seasoned Autoxer

Re: Megasquirt

Post by 00GTJustin »

I know people who I'm sure would be happy to build it for you for some $.

Check out: http://www.miataturbo.net/forum/t13676/

:)

I wanted to press the easy button, but with my swap the P&P won't work well.
Gearing up for the 2013 CSP Showdown
mistanfo
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Suzuki

Post by mistanfo »

PNP should work fine with a swap, so long as it isn't a V8 swap. I know of at least one guy in Chesapeake running a PNP in his '92 with a '99 engine installed. Well, he will be pulling it, but that is due to the fact that he will be installing a V8.

There is also now the DIY PNP, where you do a minimal amount of assembly, and setting of jumpers before you install it. Decent savings involved over a fully assembled unit.
'97 Chaste White PEP, in the process of becoming a 1992, '06 Red Suzuki DL 650 and possibly an EPish Miata on the way.
00GTJustin
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by 00GTJustin »

Interesting. Is your friend selling said P&P? I say it 'won't work' because I want to use the '99 throttle body when I get a MS and I need it to trigger the variable intake. Both of which I'd have to modify the box to do, and I have no idea how to do that :p
Gearing up for the 2013 CSP Showdown
mistanfo
Competition Car: Suzuki

Post by mistanfo »

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/1446441979.html

is the listing. The car has the plates "On Rails." I see him at VIR from time to time running events on the Patriot course. Shawn (sp?) is a good egg. Going LSx over the winter.
'97 Chaste White PEP, in the process of becoming a 1992, '06 Red Suzuki DL 650 and possibly an EPish Miata on the way.
Scott
Veteran

Post by Scott »

mistanfo wrote:http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/1446441979.html

is the listing. The car has the plates "On Rails." I see him at VIR from time to time running events on the Patriot course. Shawn (sp?) is a good egg. Going LSx over the winter.
I can vouch for him also, good guy. He helped me a lot with my initial Miata setup
Chiketkd
Veteran
Competition Car: Mitsubishi

Post by Chiketkd »

mistanfo wrote:http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/1446441979.html

Isn't this the same Shawn that's the President of the Tidewater Sports Car Club? I swear I know that miata. It used to be in CSP and then he took it to SSM after adding a s/c...
Chike D.
Scott
Veteran

Post by Scott »

Chiketkd wrote: Isn't this the same Shawn that's the President of the Tidewater Sports Car Club? I swear I know that miata. It used to be in CSP and then he took it to SSM after adding a s/c...
That would be him. The car actually started out as a STS2 car