High speed FUN Summit Point OCT 13th

Discussion about club racing, time trials, and high performance driving events.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

yenko66
Pylons are afraid of me!

High speed FUN Summit Point OCT 13th

Post by yenko66 »

Hey guys and gals out there.

I have been running for several years with a group called the North East Corvair Council NECC. They hold time trial events at tracks all across the country and they have one comming up in our area.

Oct 13th Columbus Day.. Yes that is a Monday. It will be run on the Shenandoah circuit.
These guys are very laid back and basically you will get about 8 hours of open track time. You can run as much as you want in that 8 hours. At the end of the day they have official timed runs..

The best things about this event are the cost... Very low considering the track time you get. $179.00

The next best thing is that it is open to any car. Requirements are legal helmet, Long pants, long shirt, roll bars for convertibles, basically the same as our solo 1 rules.

All of there rules can be found at there website along with a link to a page to register. Goto www.neccmotorsports.com for all of the info.

During your pratice on the track passing is only allowed in designated straight aways and your pass must be completed before the end of the straight. There is no wheel to wheel racing here so there is no chance of getting into someone on the track.

They do have a class for all of you... It is called Water Pumper.... LOL... They run about 7 corvair classes and just through all water pumper cars into a catch all class.

This group is currently approaching there cancellation date and they need more entries to secure the event.

If you have any questions about this event you can contact the host club or myself.
www.neccmotorsports.com
Or
yenko66@cox.net 540 204 0917

David Clemens
Be A Swinger in a Stinger.