Email Senator Warner- Leave our Speed Limits Alone!!!!

Non-autox related topics

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Email Senator Warner- Leave our Speed Limits Alone!!!!

Post by aged racer »

I suppose it was inevitable, but a U.S Senator has brought up the bringing back the old National 55 mph speed limit, in the name of "energy savings". Sadly, it's our own Senator John Warner, who yesterday asked the DoE to "evaluate" what the "conservation effects" might be.

Please, wasn't this nightmare discredited enough years ago? The productivity losses, the enforcement costs, just plain taking forever to get anywhere?

If you agree, email our Senator, and the rest of our representatives ASAP, and make your opinion known!

Steve
DLingenfelter
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by DLingenfelter »

Warner eh? He's just mad because back in his day cars couldn't reach 55mph and you had to start them by hand with a crank.
David Lingenfelter
18STS2
IamRascal
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Beamer

Re: Email Senator Warner- Leave our Speed Limits Alone!!!!

Post by IamRascal »

I heard they also had to pump their own oil and drive in lo-gear uphill both ways without air conditioning ;). I for one wish they would raise it to 70, after seeing how well it worked on the stretch of 81 through West Virginia.
- Chris
98 M3/4/5 Child Transport and Course runner
hemitud
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Dodge

Post by hemitud »

I think senators should be given company cars to drive while they are in office, and can only drive that particular car to events and what not, including those expensive dinners. May a Chevy Aveo, or maybe a Honda Fit...oh...oh better yet, they should only be allowed to drive Honda Insights. That way they are practicing what they preach about conserving energy and natural resources. They must get rid of their SUV's, Land Rovers, Hummers, Lincoln Town Cars, Cadillacs and no more limo service. Sounds like a good place to start. I guess being in America, they should at least drive an American Car...so the Aveo would be my choice.

And make they all painted a distince color that is noticable by everyone, something like the geek squad mobile. I'm just saying.....
Tim
11 XP - maybe
1993 V8 - S10
aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by aged racer »

Guys, the pols are serious about this. Do let your congressman know how you feel!

Steve
At-Large Member- SARRC Race Committee

Will race (and autocross) for food.