SEDiv Area 12 Board Election- October 2019

General club news and info

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

SEDiv Area 12 Board Election- October 2019

Post by aged racer »

Fellow Blue Ridge Region members, I plan to run to for the SEDiv Area 12 open seat on the SCCA Board of Directors term that starts in January of 2020.

I’m announcing here first as this is where my SCCA life started, with the Blue Ridge Region in March of 1982. I started in Solo and ultimately moved into club racing a few years after. In recent years I’ve devoted a lot of time to the “behind the scenes” work that the club requires to keep things working- the South Atlantic Road Race Committee (SARRC), the Improved Touring Advisory Committee (ITAC), and the SCCA Hall of Fame. I’ve also held various BRR leadership posts, including RE from 2012-2014. Lastly, for the past two years I’ve been deeply involved in the Track Night in America Program as event lead and driver coach.

In civilian life I worked for Carter Machinery for 34 years, one of the largest Caterpillar dealers in the country. I worked in management and sales, and towards the end managed the Construction Division parts and service activities for the company. I’m now self employed with a modest trackside support business, along with my family’s racing efforts and other volunteer activities.

I have a couple things that I plan to emphasize if elected. First is to strengthen the “rungs of the ladder” in event participation, starting with Solo, continuing through Track Night and Time Trials, and culminating in Divisional Racing, including competitors and race workers. Every step of the ladder has its successes and its challenges. Equally important will be working with the Regions to support their structure and governance, ultimately improving overall member retention via their connection with our sport and our organization.

That said, there are many other challenges ahead of us, and I’m hoping you’ll share them with me as the election season approaches. You can usually find me at any VIR SCCA weekend, and I’m planning on participating in a couple of our BRR Solo events this year. I know many of you personally, so please don’t hesitate to contact me directly as well (agedracer@live.com).

I care deeply about the future of SCCA- it has been a core part of mine and my family’s life for many years. The election is coming up in October of next year. With your support I’d like to help guide its future.
At-Large Member- SARRC Race Committee

Will race (and autocross) for food.