BRR Club Racing Update

Discussion about club racing, time trials, and high performance driving events.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

BRR Club Racing Update

Post by aged racer »

We discussed in the April dinner/ Board meeting the “Club Racer of the Year” award, and the fact that there is not a lot of visibility as to how many racers we have and how they are doing. We decided to periodically post the SEDiv race records and points totals from the various series to give everyone a sense of who is on track..

Below is a summary of the points totals as of the end of August- most of these can be found on the SEDiv website, except for the CCPS (Carolina Cup Pro Series) and TCPS (Tarheel Cup Pro Series), which either have their own websites or are on the NC Region’s site (in the case of the TCPS). Most of us are running the regional SARRC series (South Atlantic Road Racing Championship) and the ECR’s (Endurance Championship), although in years past we’ve had people running Nationals (Majors now).

What I’ve done is list the drivers name, class, car model (if I know it), number of finishes, and tracks they have run. If they are in the Top Ten, their points totals and position is also listed. For SARRC drivers, qualification for the year-end SIC (SARRC Invitational Championship) is also shown.

Track abbreviations:
VIR- Virginia International Raceway- Danville, VA
CMP- Carolina Motorsports Park- Kershaw, SC
RR- Roebling Road- Savannah, GA
RA- Road Atlanta, Gainesville, GA
CMS- Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord, NC

If I’ve missed anyone, please let me know. Will update it again late in the year after the SIC is run and final points totals are out.

Steve
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (121.3 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
At-Large Member- SARRC Race Committee

Will race (and autocross) for food.