Project- 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS/2.0WRX

Selling wheels/tires? Cars? Post it here to get the word out.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

Julius-X
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Mazdas

Project- 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS/2.0WRX

Post by Julius-X »

Some of you know I've been sitting on this for a while. But truthfully, I won't be able to finish it in the near future due to life concerns so I'd like to put it out there to see if someone would like to purchase my 00/05 WRX Coupe Project.

When Subaru started selling the WRX here in the US in 2002, we also lost the coupe model with only a sedan and hatchback available. So I figured why not combine a handsome 1st generation Impreza 2.5RS coupe with the punch of the WRX drivetrain, and have the best of both worlds! The earlier GM6 coupe chassis is a fair bit lighter than the later GD sedan, this would also help keep the car feeling extra spritely vs. the later sedan GD WRXs.

What is it?
-It's a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe, in Blue Ridge Pearl and around ~83,000mi on the unibody. I bought the car in April 2005, with original EJ25 (naturally aspirated) drivetrain. It was salvaged in NC after a front end wreck but repaired. I fully inspected the car at purchase, and it has a clear VA title currently. The previous owner had run it with CCA-SCCA in DSP, and I continued in Street Prepared in BRR events, and daily drove it for about two years.

-It's a 2005 WRX, in pieces. It was totalled after being rolled into a creek in January '05 with only 664 miles on the odometer. I bought back the car from the salvage yard - it was fully drivable, but every body panel had been decimated, making the body useless. The '05 body has been stripped down leaving the shell bare, aside from nuts and bolts.

What do I get?
  • 1 full car, the '00 RS Coupe See pic
  • The entirety of the parts pulled from an '05 WRX. See pic
  • Full wiring harnesses for both vehicles.
  • Both Vehicles full Interior, including front and rear seats, door cards (for '00 coupe and '05 sedan).
  • EJ205 2005 Engine & Transmission, complete drivetrain incl. axles & LSD rear-end
  • Includes all engine & mechanical accessories from both vehicles.
  • Full Volume of OEM Factory Service Manuals from 2000 & 2005, including wiring diagrams
  • 2005 Full Exhaust
  • Factory 2005 Suspension, 1 shock possibly bent.
  • 2000 Suspension (currently mounted) includes KYB AGX adjustable Shocks & Eibach Prokit springs. & Whiteline Front & Rear Sway Bars
  • Front Rally Lightbar & Skidplate: see pic
  • Subaru Scene Starter Kit: 1 Set RallyArmor Mudflaps + first edition unopened Blipshift "The World Is Flat" T-Shirt, Mens XL.
I'll include the '05 Frame if wanted, but the project can be completed without it. The teardown of the '05 car was documented with pictures, I can include if needed. Many parts from the '05 were labelled, not as many for the '00.

The car has sat for many years at this point. The interior and engine bay of the coupe is bare aside from brake lines and sound deadening. The body is in great shape, with only a few buffable blemishes on the fender & bumper. The hood has large dings from tipping over while propped up during a windstorm some years back. It would be easily repairable. The car currently has the control arms of the 2005 mounted to the springs & shocks that I originally had on the car, which gives it a slightly wider track and allows the use of the WRX axles.

I'd seek to sell the project as a whole. Please, do not ask for parts at this time. I simply don't have the time to part the cars out piecemeal at this point. Please post any questions, comments you have about the car here, or if you want any specific pictures. PM me if you're interested and would like to make an offer on the whole kit and kaboodle. I have more in this project than I figure I will make back I well know, but I will consider any reasonable offer.
-Cliff
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS parked, in pieces
2008 Mazda RX-8 40AE seeking the ding king, parked - administrative, not mechanical issues
2016 Mazda MX-5 working the jinba ittai