What happens when I am at work and the kids get board

Discuss upcoming events, classing questions, car setup, etc.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

rx71985
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Mazda

What happens when I am at work and the kids get board

Post by rx71985 »

I got home after a very long hot humid day at work to find my boys 9 and 13 had decided to set up yet another slalom on the driveway. I tried to run it in my ML 320 but it was to tight. They have upgraded from the Huffy green machines to my 9 year old's 25hp Lawn tractor, ( they know better than to get out the RZR or the Honda 250x without me). A year to the day was the August 2019 BRR track sprint and my now 13 year old's 12th birthday. He still talks about the ride with Steffen in the Tundra helping setting up the course. So far this year has sucked for us as far as SCCA events due to having two high risk family members, but little things like a lawn mower slalom complete with my magnetic numbers stolen off my garage beer frig on the hood and the class LM (Lawn Mower) in tape just made me smile. I am still holding out hope to be back at some point this year, but until then I am happy to have a long private gravel driveway, a decent sized field, and a supposed to be rallycross car.
n33d4sp33d13
Seasoned Autoxer

Re: What happens when I am at work and the kids get board

Post by n33d4sp33d13 »

He was helpful with me setting up the course. Hopefully y'all can come out again soon and maybe sneak him for another ride. I'm all for starting then young and getting kids Involved early even if it's simple things like parade laps.
Steffen Clark
White/Orange 1991 Mazda Miata ITA/ STL
Dark grey 2014 Subaru WRX STI D Street
White 1984 Plymouth Colt Turbo SMF
1991 Mazda "hacked" Miata A Mod
Red 1984 Plymouth Colt Turbo
Red 2019 Toyota Tundra